Advertise Here

Forays into Crochet

I have a hook, and I know how to use it.

I bought yarn on a whim today, for a project that had been in the works (meaning my head) for all of about 5 minutes...

It's from the "Blushing Rose Pullover" from the March 09 Crochet! Magazine :) The yarn, which looks devastatingly ugly in this picture, is actually a very lovely purple-y yarn. I'm using Simply Soft Eco in Mulberry Mist (it's pictured toward the bottom and even that picture doesn't do it justice!!). Recycled plastic never looked so good.

I was a good little girl and did my gauge swatches before I started, too. Part of that was to also see if I could actually do the stitch for the body of the sweater =^^=


I'm excited...it's a really pretty sweater.

Also! I've finished all the motifs for the bathroom rug. I've now got to lay them out and figure out how I want it to look all joined together. I've just been too lazy about doing it *tsk tsk shame on you Danielle!!* On the bright side, it's the project that's taken the least time ever! I guess that's something...

I feel like maybe I should be more prolific...OH! I can at least be a little more!! I have a few more pictures of kitties "helping" me crochet. This time it's Cheeto. He has ~always~ liked to snuggle in my crochet tupperware thing...however, he's getting a leeeeetle too big for it!


The pile of yarn next to the box are rug motifs :)

Oh and I also picked up Interweave Crochet's Spring 2009 mag...drool!! There's a ton of stuff in there I want to bury myself under! I need 8 arms...like Shiva...

1 chains:

Unknown said...

What IS it about cats that make them feel like they just HAVE to get into the smallest box or container you have? Sheesh!

My cat does this all the time, and I have to admit, it's hysterical.

By the way... I moved my blog to: briannagebhardt.blogspot.com