Advertise Here

Forays into Crochet

I have a hook, and I know how to use it.

I didn't realize it'd been nearly a month since I posted in this thing...!

I put the rug to the side for a while and really let myself get carried away with the sweater. It's 3/4 of the way done - i.e. the front, the back (which are joined at the shoulders), and one sleeve. But then I remembered...oh yeah, I did have another project on which I should be working...

So I fiddled a bit with the layout until I found one I liked (it's symmetrical! ooooh!) took a picture of it, got interrupted by a vacuuming request from my mommy, and then sat down with book on knee and hook in hand and started joining the danged things.

I have decided that I do not like this method of joining.

It took me 45 minutes to get the first row put together!!! x_X I think it is largely compounded by the fact that some of the slip stitching on the outsides of my circles is tighter than others, but frankly I think it's just really awkward. However, I am feeling too lazy to figure out a different way right now and so I told myself - "If you do a row a day, you won't get to frustrated by it." That was four days ago. I have 3 and a half rows done - the half was from today, and it's a half because my day got chomped up by some pretty intense cleaning. So that means, only two and a half more rows to do! Then I have to join the rows, which I am making myself not look at just yet because of how tedious it is to make the rows in the first place. But I want to get it done before I leave for TX on May 15th.

My sweater - that Eco really does work like a dream. Maybe it's just me but it seems a little less prone to slicky-ness than its cousin (the regular Simply Soft). It is just as prone to snagging though - I was removing a cat from laying on top of the body and one of his dew claws SNAGGED a strand...luckily it is close to what is going to be the side seam, so hopefully not too noticeable. My only sad thought about this sweater is - "I'm not going to want to wear it when it's done becasuse it's so warm outside!!" =( Maybe I will wait for a cooler day and brave it anyway.

Now...off to bed for me! WHOOSH!

0 chains: