Advertise Here

Forays into Crochet

I have a hook, and I know how to use it.

I need a signpost that says that right now haha!

Here's what I have (mentally) committed to for 2010:

~a lace KCAL (Knit-/Crochet-Along, for my casual readers).  Pattern is my choice, yarn and yardage is my choice.  I will be crocheting this (I ganked this pic from the Finished Object gallery for this project) in black crochet thread, size 10:

and quite possibly lengthening it into a knee-length dress.  The skirt would have more motifs gradually added to create a flare effect.  The pattern itself is in Portuguese but it is fully charted.  It will be my first time crocheting from only a chart!

~I currently have in progress the shawl for my swap partner.  It will look something like this:

but in that light pink color I posted a pic of a few entries ago.  I am about 1/4 done with that project.

~two of my cousins are having babies sometime this year.  One is having a girl, the other they don't know the sex of yet so I am waiting to hear so that I can make blankets.  I am in the process of selecting a pattern for the baby girl I know about.

~I will be crocheting 10 shawls in 2010.  I found a group on Ravelry and so help me I joined and am going to do it.  I have not yet picked all 10 shawls but some of the candidates in the race are:





 

and last but certainly not least, and this will DEFINITELY be in the 10 that I make this year, this beauty:



I'm sure there will be more shawls appearing, too as the year goes on and more patterns are designed.  But whew, I need to get myself a little more organized than I am now, and get my nose to the grindstone so I can finish everything!

0 chains: