Advertise Here

Forays into Crochet

I have a hook, and I know how to use it.

I don't know if it is the weather, or the fact that I'm pregnant (yep, you read correctly! This time it's for real!!) but I have not been doing a lot of crocheting since my last post.  *holds out hand for a rap to the knuckles*.  I just seem to have lost my motivation.  Or, conversely, I have SO many projects that I'd like to start that I can't seem to choose among them.  As soon as I found out I was pregnant I lined up a bunch of things I'd like to make, mostly tops, to accomodate my belly as I get bigger.  My only problem is my general lack of funds, since I haven't had a job since the beginning of February.

The shawl I was in the middle of is one I have decided to frog.  The yarn (Malabrigo Lace) is very soft and very pretty and I want to use it for something that might do it more justice than that pattern.  I will probably still use that pattern eventually as part of the 10 Shawls in 2010 challenge, but with a different yarn.  So, now, I have to find a pattern that calls to the yarn -- or vice versa.  Sigh.

A lot of my time is spent holding still, as my "morning" sickness has started to kick in at random, unpredictable times throughout the day.  I prefer to lie down or curl up in my husband's easy chair and just hold still...sometimes the motion of crocheting makes me feel dizzy, even though I know that's illogical.  Hopefully I will find my gusto soon and get back to hooking.  I miss it, truth be told.  And I also have a sister who is waiting rather impatiently for her Renaissance Tunic (sp!? I never remember how to spell that one!).

It's fixing to rain outside.  I can even hear thunder.  I have a pattern I need to make for my birthday swap partner, so I'm going to go dig out some yarn, battle my nausea, and get to work!

0 chains: