Advertise Here

Forays into Crochet

I have a hook, and I know how to use it.

That's right, I'm thanking goodness for SWATCHES.  Having completed my first motif, I determined that it was impossible to get it to lay flat, even after I applied the iron, with the steam on.  I've frogged it and set it aside for later.  I hate to give up on a project but sadly I don't have the time, dedication, or patience to do that lace piece I mentioned a few posts ago.  I am still going to make SOMETHING...but I need a little more practice in thread crochet before attempting something that work-intensive.

I started my first shawl of 2010 Saturday night though, and that is nearly finished.  I used the two balls of JL Vinca that I bought from someones's stash a few months ago.  It's nice to have the yarn do the color work for you.  <3  My sister has taken an intense interest in it and is begging me to sell it to her.  We'll have to see.

0 chains: