Advertise Here

Forays into Crochet

I have a hook, and I know how to use it.

3:21 am, 03/22/09
I just finished Mom's sweater about 15 min ago.  I will post pictures tomorrow.  Right now...I'm going to go fall into bed!

*~*~*~*~*
8:27 pm, 03/22/09
And here are some pics :)

Sleeve detail...either I made them too long, or my mom's arms are shorter than normal.  In any case, she opted to have me put in these deep cuffs.  The detailing around the armhole was also another addition she wanted - it's not called for in the pattern!

Here it be, hanging on a hangar!  Mom had me make it one size bigger than her normal size...for whatever reason...and it looks pretty awkward hanging on that little hangar *lol*  It doesn't actually have any front closures; I pinned it together for the sake of showing the border.  She wants to wear it around for a while before she decides whether or not she wants fasteners for the front.

Here is a close-up of the pattern, which was achieved by alternating rows of dc with rows of blo (back loop only) sc.  It creates an interesting ridged effect.

All laid out on the floor, ready to put together!
And so she finally has her birthday present, a month late...on the upside, she loves it.  She calls it her Blueberry Pie jacket.

0 chains: