Advertise Here

Forays into Crochet

I have a hook, and I know how to use it.

I finally have my laptop back!  

A few years back I decided I was going to make afghans for all my siblings - I'm the oldest of seven. I think I've mentioned this before, but I'm too lazy to check.

This first 'ghan I made for my one of my three sisters.  As usual, she picked the pattern and the yarn.  Hers was fun to make, if only by virtue of her color choice.



This next 'ghan I made for another of my sisters.  She has an amazing sense of color and it really came through with this 'ghan. :)  It was a mile a minute, and I'll admit I got sort of burned out on darn thing...it seemed like it worked up really slowly, and I ended up making more strips than I had originally planned.  I messed up my calculations somehow.  But it still turned out nicely.


This 'ghan was for the last of my three sisters.  It was pretty frustrating.  The yarn she chose was Simply Soft Brites, which is really soft, but also very slippery!  It wasn't a good fit for this pattern.  Hers is largely misshapen because of that...and also due to the fact that I gave up on the pattern halfway through and just used a standard ripple for the rest of it.  Still, she says she loves it - it's snuggly and has a surprising bit of weight to it.  It was worked holding 4 strands together, and a Q hook.


This last 'ghan is for my youngest brother, and it's actually the one I made first.  I went in backwards age order - haha does that make any sense?  Another mile a minute - the criss cross pattern over the color background was fun.  His color choice was a bit weird to me - I liked the one in the pattern book much better, but he likes it.  The red looks really washed out...it looks better in person.




0 chains: